Think you’ve included all that you need to see in your Ahmedabad itinerary? Think again – you might have missed some of the sites on our list.
Ahmedabad, one of the country’s most important cultural and economic centres, is a treat for the eyes as well as the taste buds. You might have your Delhi to Ahmedabad flight booked, and your itinerary all mapped out, but have you included these unusual things to do?
* Go for a drive-in movie: Is there anyone in the world who doesn’t like to watch films? At this drive-in cinema in the city, you can take your car out for a spin and park in front of a movie screen. The open-air cinema is the largest in Asia and the first of its kind in India. There are food stalls dotting the perimeter of the space, so you can snack on delicious treats as well. Head to Drive in Road for two shows daily, at 7.30 pm and 10.30 pm.
* Explore vintage cars: If you like vintage cars, then this museum is a must-visit. The Auto World Vintage Car Museum at Dastan Estate in Kathwada has one of the biggest collections of vintage cars in all of the land. The museum is extremely well-kept, and you can feast your eyes on Bentleys and Lincolns, as well as Daimlers and Rolls-Royces. Here’s one more reason to visit: you can also drive some of these cars!
* Buy old Indian textiles.India is known for a huge variety of stunning textiles, but this museum located in the Shahibag area certainly takes the cake. The Calico Museum of Textiles is said to have the country’s most complete collection of Indian textiles, sourced from all corners of the country. You might even find some which are over five centuries old. Entry to the museum is free and you can spend many hours admiring the wares on display.
* Have a midnight snack at Manek Chowk. How is it possible that you make the long trip via a Delhi to Ahmedabad flight and not eat up a storm? Known for its love of all things gastronomic, it is impossible to go a few minutes without bumping into an alluring street food stall or a large eatery in the city. But if you have a craving for midnight dessert, just get your car out and go to Manek Chowk for some of the best sweets, ice creams and sandwiches. You will find jewellers’ stalls here in the daylight hours, so come here only after 8 pm if you want to eat.
* Catch your breath at Victoria Garden.Ahmedabad offers so much to see, do and eat, that it can become quite overwhelming for a first-time visitor. You may have gone sightseeing fresh off your Delhi to Ahmedabad flight, but before you head back, you should certainly get some alone time at the majestic Victoria Garden. It is located at the Southern tip of the Bhadra Fortand houses a huge variety of flowers that attract pollinating insects and several types of birds.
Keyword: Delhi to Ahmedabad flights